The snow started falling somewhere between midnight and 01:00 Monday (February 3rd) and has continued heavily since then.
The current base layer is 200cm at resort level and 250cm at the summit of 3200 metres. Today will be a perfect day to get out onto the mountain, as there will be fresh snow and sunny conditions.
The next big snowstorm is forecast to arrive on Sunday, and there’s a lot of snow on the way, so make the most of the sunny conditions this week and all of this fresh snow! Avalanche risk is currently at level 3, though changes daily so make sure you’re aware of conditions on a daily basis before venturing off-piste.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- More fresh snow in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Fresh snow & cold temperatures in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Ski with Elsa & Anna in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do