The snow started falling somewhere between midnight and 01:00 Monday (February 3rd) and has continued heavily since then.
The current base layer is 200cm at resort level and 250cm at the summit of 3200 metres. Today will be a perfect day to get out onto the mountain, as there will be fresh snow and sunny conditions.
The next big snowstorm is forecast to arrive on Sunday, and there’s a lot of snow on the way, so make the most of the sunny conditions this week and all of this fresh snow! Avalanche risk is currently at level 3, though changes daily so make sure you’re aware of conditions on a daily basis before venturing off-piste.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Val Thorens from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val Thorens
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 6th March 2020