The weather over the past week has been incredibly snowy. In fact, for basically the past week alone it has snowed every day.
Monday saw a huge dump of up to a metre of fresh snow at some summit peaks, making Tuesday probably the best day we’ve had yet this season. Yesterday was another snowy one, it snowed all day in Val Thorens and well into the night, clearing by early morning. On top of the 275cm base layer at resort level (2300m) there has been another 25cm of snow in the past 24 hours.
Forecasts suggest that we are also due more snow tonight another few centimetres to add to all of this powder, and another potential big dump early next week.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val Thorens
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- A whole load of fresh snow in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do