It's been snowing pretty much the whole week in Val Thorens. Last night, the snow limit dropped even lower covering not only the mountains but also the town with a fresh, fluffy blanket of snow.
Around 40cm of snow has fallen at resort level, with almost a metre on the pistes. More snow is set to fall today, as well as next Monday and Tuesday, with some forecasts estimating that we'll get up to 60cm of fresh snow in the next 10 days.
These first snowfalls will create a solid base for what we hope will be another fantastic season in Val Thorens. Lifts are scheduled to open in a couple of weeks, on Saturday, November 23rd. Time to book your ski trip to Val Thorens!
More Val Thorens Insights...
- What's new in Val Thorens winter 2019/20
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val Thorens
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val Thorens
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019