The 2017 World Ski Awards took place this weekend in Kitzbuhel, Austria, in an event to recognise and reward industry leaders. Facing stiff competition from around the world, Val Thorens won a public vote to take home the title for the 4th time in 5 years.
In addition to the global awards, it comes as no surprise that Val Thorens also won the award for France's best resort. With it the resort adds to an impressive number of accolades over the past few year, having also won Best European ski resort 3 times.
As Europes highest resort at 2300m, Val Thorens offers some of the most reliable snow conditions in the Alps. On top of this, the resort keeps innovating and improving, adding new lifts and services every year.
Other winners include the Farenheit Seven Hotel also in Val Thorens, which received the award for world's best ski hotel, further cementing the 3 Valleys as one of the world's top ski destinations.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Val Thorens from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val Thorens
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 6th March 2020