Skiers compete simultaneously in groups of four and hurtle down the specially prepared track as quickly as possible. Only the first two of each run are qualified for the next stage until the grand finale.
Qualifications take place on the first day for men's and women's competitions. The semi-finals and finals take place on the last couple of days as some of the biggest names in the sport compete for the title.
Free to watch and a great spectator sport.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- More fresh snow in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Fresh snow & cold temperatures in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Ski with Elsa & Anna in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do