Skiers compete simultaneously in groups of four and hurtle down the specially prepared track as quickly as possible. Only the first two of each run are qualified for the next stage until the grand finale.
Qualifications take place on the first day for men's and women's competitions. The semi-finals and finals take place on the last couple of days as some of the biggest names in the sport compete for the title.
Free to watch and a great spectator sport.
Dates for this event
More Val Thorens Insights...
- When is Val Thorens opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Val Thorens winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Val Thorens from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val Thorens
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020