Skiers compete simultaneously in groups of four and hurtle down the specially prepared track as quickly as possible. Only the first two of each run are qualified for the next stage until the grand finale.
Qualifications take place on the first day for men's and women's competitions. The semi-finals and finals take place on the last couple of days as some of the biggest names in the sport compete for the title.
Free to watch and a great spectator sport.
Dates for this event
More Val Thorens Insights...
- What's new in Val Thorens winter 2019/20
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val Thorens
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val Thorens
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019