Well here we go! Big snowfall is happening now in Val Thorens.
It started snowing across Val Thorens on Thursday, and it’s still falling now. Excitingly, the forecast is that it will break on Monday/Tuesday but then pick up with force and carry on for the rest of the week.
So now for the technical bits! As of writing this on Sunday 28th November, here is the breakdown:
- It started snowing on Thursday 25th
- It’s scheduled to snow until Monday - and then start again for the rest of the week
- Freeze level (basically down to what level is it snowing?) 400m (night) - 1000m (day)
- Fresh snow depth is 12cm from this fall
- Snow depth is from about 35cms up to 60cm at the top
- Right now, it's pretty cold, with temperatures around -5/7℃ but with wind chill taking the temperature down to about -11/16℃ . So wrap up warm if you're out there exploring.
But basically, it’s good news! The snow is here, the mountains are looking beautiful and the excitement levels are high!
See you on the slopes soon!