The 7th edition of the World Ski Awards ceremony took place on the evening of November 23rd in Kitzbühel (Austria). Val Thorens, part of the Three Valleys ski area, was crowned as the World's Best Ski Resort 2019.
Votes were cast by professionals in the ski industry, from tour operators to executives and media, as well as by the public through the World Ski Awards website. This year, they all decided that Val Thorens had to take first place.
The highest ski town in Europe, Val Thorens is located at 2300m in the Tarentaise Valley and is part of one of the largest ski areas in the world, the Three Valleys, which boast 600km of pistes. 99% of the pistes are located above 2000m, with some as high as 3200m, allowing Val Thorens to be one of the first ski areas to open in the Alps and one of the last to close, with snow conditions pretty consistent throughout the season.
It's not only it first-rate skiing that's brought Val Thorens to the top but also its superb facilities, including five-star hotels and luxury chalets with ski-in/ski-out access, gourmet restaurants and world-renowned nightlife.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- Val Thorens in December 2019 – What weather to expect & what to do
- Lots of early-season snow in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens is the World's Best Ski Resort 2019
- What's new in Val Thorens winter 2019/20
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019