The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Val Thorens holding wine tasting sessions.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- Val Thorens in December 2019 – What weather to expect & what to do
- Lots of early-season snow in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens is the World's Best Ski Resort 2019
- What's new in Val Thorens winter 2019/20
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019