The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be excellent but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Val Thorens holding wine tasting sessions.
Dates for this event
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Val Thorens
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val Thorens
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019