The Val Thorens lifts have already welcomed the first skiers and snowboarders. It's been snowing on and off for pretty much the whole month so the Val Thorens slopes are covered in a fluffy blanket of fresh snow.
Snow depths reach well over a metre at 3200m, with around 70cm of snow down in town. The weather forecast is for more snow today and on Sunday. Are you ready to carve the first turns of the season in Val Thorens? Roll on winter!
More Val Thorens Insights...
- Val Thorens in December 2019 – What weather to expect & what to do
- Lots of early-season snow in Val Thorens
- Val Thorens is the World's Best Ski Resort 2019
- What's new in Val Thorens winter 2019/20
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019