It's never good when high winds cause some of the ski lifts to close, but for this winter in Val Thorens they've come up with a solution and are replacing two of the chair lifts with ones better adapted to cope.
Two four-person chair lifts are being replaced with six-person versions in time for the coming winter season, and as this video shows, they've been busy hoisting in pylons and other parts by helicopter over the last few weeks for the Plan d'Leau lift in Les Menuires.
The other chair lifts to be replaced are the old 3 Valleys 1 lift which will be equipped with 2 gondola cabins called 'chondolas' which can be used by pedestrians, and is going to mean more people on foot can reach the Folie Douce for apres.
The 3 Valleys 2 lift is also set to be replaced with the 2 Lacs chair mechanism and chairs, and will also be upgraded for the coming winter.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Val Thorens
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val Thorens
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019