There is still plenty of skiing to be had in Val Thorens, with over a week to go until the end of the season.
At resort level at 2300m the snow base is still around 170cm, with a depth of over 240cm up top at 3200m, and the avalanche risk has been a stable 2/5. With 25 lifts and 70 pistes still open, there is plenty of spring skiing still taking place. The links to other resorts are now closed, and skiing is only possible in Val Thorens at the moment.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- What's new in Val Thorens winter 2019/20
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Val Thorens
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Val Thorens
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019