L'Etape du Tour is one of the most popular cycling races in the Alps in which amateurs are able to tackle one of the Tour de France's mountain stages. This year, it takes place on July 21st from Albertville to Val Thorens, going through Bourg Saint Maurice, La Plagne, Saint-Martin de Belleville and Val Thorens.
Following the exact same route that the pros will cycle on July 27th 2019 for stage number 20 of the Tour de France, this race is not for the faint-hearted. A total of 135 kilometres and 4,563 metres of climbing await those keen to follow on the footsteps of the peloton. It will all take place on Sunday, July 21st, and the mountain resorts that will host it are already preparing for the event. Here are some of the things you should know if you're taking part in the race, or just want to watch.
More Val Thorens Insights...
- Val Thorens Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Val Thorens opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Val Thorens winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Val Thorens from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Val Thorens